Friday 20 April 2012

Voices from the Blank Generation

I'm a few weeks behind the pace here, but I've just been reading Paul Anderson's piece from Tribune, marking the thirty-fifth anniversary of the release of White Riot, the first single by the Clash.

The Clash were never as big for me as were the Ramones, but apart from that, Anderson's reflections strike a chord. Only two more and I'll be able to form a band.

An excellent column, I was thinking, as I nodded along in agreement. And that was before I had the pleasant shock of seeing my New Statesman piece being quoted.

And while I'm on the subject of my contemporaries: my thanks to Dan Atkinson for the mention in his blog.

2 comments:

Tyrone Jenkins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tyrone Jenkins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.